- 2.0 GHz or faster second-generation Intel Core i3, i5, i7 CPU or newer
- Quad-core processors or newer
- 1.8 GHz or faster AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor
- NOTE: Faster processors provide higher video frame rates. While multi-core processors slower than 2.0 GHz will work, they are not guaranteed to provide the best video quality. Video pixilation and freezing may occur on systems that don't meet our processor requirements.
- Memory: 2 GB RAM or more
- Video Chipset: Discrete video card, or integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 or better (found on second-generation (Sandy Bridge) or newer Core i3, i5, i7 processors).
- Webcam: Any external, HD 720p or better webcam
Mobile Hardware and Software:
- Apple Mobile Devices: Requires version 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Android Devices: All devices with mic and camera are supported and Require Android version 5.0 and up
- NOTE: Video on older Android tablets and older iPads may not be suitable for VRI, especially for Sign Language/ASL interpreting. For ASL interpreting, we recommend newer Android tablets and iPads.
Desktop/Notebook/Windows Tablet Software:
- Microsoft OS (32-bit/64-bit): Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (Desktop mode), Windows 10
- Apple Desktop OS: Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or higher
- Web Browsers:
- Ideal Bandwidth: 25+ mbps upstream and 3+ mbps downstream.
- Recommended Bandwidth: 5+ mbps upstream and 3+ mbps downstream.
- Minimum Bandwidth: 2 mbps upstream and downstream.
- Mobile Connections:
- 4G LTE connections/mobile hotspots are sufficient for most situations with an adequate connection to your LTE service provider; however, LTE quality is heavily influenced by your location and by the number of users connected to the same cellphone tower as you. Interpreters should always rely on wired Internet service over LTE service for consistent network quality.
- 3G connections/mobile hotspots not recommended but may be sufficient for two-party calls when the 3G connection is not i